Working in India is incredible. Some things you need to know upfront:
- It’s UNPAID – getting a work visa for a foreign national is next to impossible. (see our FAQ for more information on why)
- It’s AWESOME – we’ve placed hundreds of interns since 2011 with a 99% success rate. India is a fun and exciting place and we work hard to make sure you have a safe and high quality experience.
Here’s how it works:
1. Once you’ve registered your online application, we’ll reach out to you via email and phone to confirm your desired experience for India.
2. After we have talked with you, we’ll check our network and confirm whether we have good placements available.
3. We’ll email you representative available placements and we’ll ask you to pay a 100% refundable deposit, typically GB£500 / US$800 (will convert currency automatically) via credit card or Paypal at http://connectinc.in/payments
Total cost will depend on what experience you choose and how long you plan to be in India – see “How much will it cost?” for more details.
4. As soon as we receive your deposit, we’ll call you to confirm interview times with your potential manager. Interviews will be during the Indian work day, which may be early morning or late evening, depending on what’s best for your time zone.
5. After your phone or Skype interviews, we’ll get feedback from the Indian organisation and confirm your placement.
6. Once your placement is confirmed, we’ll send you a sponsorship letter and other information required for your India visa, whether for an employment (internship), entry (cultural tour), tourist, or student (semester abroad) visa.
7. You apply for your India visa and book your plane ticket and travel insurance. (We recommend you get the visa before you book your flight, just in case.)
8. We contact you to make sure you’re all set, and confirm your airport pickup.
That’s it! We’ll meet you on arrival, take you to safe and comfortable housing, give you local orientation and an India SIM card, and walk you in to your placement on the first day. We’ll check in throughout your experience in India to make sure everything is working well, invite you to our social events, and be on call 24/7 in case anything goes wrong (or you just want some advice!)